Top 10 things to do and see in Cornwall
This beautiful part of the UK is located in the south west of Britain on a peninsula. Cornwall is almost completely surrounded by the sea, wonderful beaches and almost 300 miles of costline for walking and cycling. Cornwall boasts a hugely diverse landscape with a legacy of Bronze age historial sites and is the location of the famous Landâ€™s End.
Why Visit Cornwall?
There are lots of things to see and do in Cornwall. Walking, Cycling, Surfing and exploring the dramatic coastline with its historic fishing harbours, wonderful sandy beaches, cornish ice cream, and of course the hearty and filling world famous Cornish pasties!
Top Attractions include:
- Bodmin Moor and many Parks and Recreations areas for picnics
- Museums and various historical sites from Prehistoric remains to the Industrial Revolution
- Great walking and cycling trails
- Local legends and folklore from cornwalls Celtic roots
- Activities including surfing, kite surfing canoeing, bird watching, wildlife cruises, golf and many more!!
- Arts and craft activities
- Gourmet food and drink from award-winning local food producers
Top Ten Things to do on you hoilday in a cottage in Cornwall
- Town visits to Truro (shopping), St Ives (Sandy Beach and historical sites), Penzance (Historical pubs)Â or Falmouth (Pendennis Castle)
- Eat out at one of the wonderful resterauntsÂ in Padstow or grab some fish and chips and take a long walk along the Camel Trail (located nr the main tourist carpark)
- Build a sandcastle, have an icecream and maybe do some sunbathing (remember suncream)! Some great beaches to visit:
- Whitsand Bay, Sennen
- Godrevy Beach
- Perranporth Beach
- Surfing – You just cannot visit cornwall and not have a good paddle… These are some good surfing beaches:
- Porthleven (Experienced)
- Polzeath Beach (Beginners/intermediate)
- Godrevy Beach (intermediate)
- Porthtowan (Experienced)
- Visit some of Cornwalls historical sites
- Attend one of the fab festivals that take place throughout Cornwall
- Sail to the Scilly Isles
- Walk or Cycle the coatsline, finishing at a lovely family pub for lunch and a Pint of Cornwalls finest!
- Take a walk around the giant biomes (largest greenhouses in the world) in the tropical, temperate and desert environments of the Eden Project
- Have a Cornish Pasty from a local producer! Yum!
These should help you to make the most of your Cornwall holiday Cottage!